Terms and Conditions and Eligibility of Cover
1. You or the driver must abide by the terms and conditions of this policy at all times.
2. Please note that our recovery operators are unable to work on unattended vehicles.
3. The vehicle must be maintained at all times in a roadworthy condition in accordance with the law and be regularly serviced in accordance with your manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Your membership covers the vehicle registered with ABC Rescue for any driver, driving with the owner’s permission and legally entitled to drive the vehicle.
5. Cars, vans and motorcycles (excluding campervans / vehicles with living accommodation) are eligible to be covered up to a maximum 3.5 tonnes gross weight, 5.5 metres (18 feet) length and 2.3 metres (7 foot 6 inches) width.
6. Any caravan or trailer attached to the vehicle must be a maximum of 7.6 metres (25 feet) in length at the time of the breakdown.
7. We reserve the right to cancel this policy at any time, by giving you 14 days notice in writing to your last known Email address, and a pro rata refund will be allowable to you if no claims have been made (less administration fee).
8. You can cancel this policy within 14 days of inception/submission provided that no claims have been made, and a full refund (less an administration fee of £10.00) will be made. No refund of premium will be made after this period.
9. All claims and assistance is at the discretion of First Call GB Ltd. Any breakdown discovered or believed to be excluded from the policy is chargeable to you under current commercial rates before assistance is provided.
If the vehicle registered is immobilised then you are covered for the following: –
1. If the assistance that we offer does not suit your requirements then you may request alternative assistance to be arranged for you at your own cost.
2. We do not accept any responsibility for the transportation of pet animals or livestock within the vehicle at the time of the breakdown and the recovery of any pets or livestock is at the discretion of ABC Rescue.
3. Any assistance offered outside the terms and conditions of membership will be payable by credit or debit card prior to the service being offered.
4. A garage or mechanic undertaking repair work on your instruction will be acting as your agent for such repair work.
5. If requested, you must provide evidence of servicing of your vehicle or receipts for replacement parts.
6. Recovery cannot be used as a reason for avoiding repair costs.
7. We reserve the right not to offer renewal of membership.
8. We reserve the right to refuse service and cancel membership to anyone who behaves in a threatening or abusive manner to our employees or if ABC Rescue considers that there have been irreconcilable differences with the member.
9. If we believe that we cannot provide an acceptable level of service to the area where your registered Home Address is located then we reserve the right to cancel your policy and give you a full refund of your premium provided that no claim has been made on the policy.
10. In the event of a vehicle breakdown we will offer recovery of any caravan or trailer (within the specified restrictions). The caravan/trailer is not covered for any breakdown assistance within the terms and condition of this policy.
11. No claim will exceed the current market value of the vehicle at the time of the breakdown.
12. This document is subject to English law unless otherwise agreed in writing by ABC Rescue.
ABC Rescue will not cover the following: –
1. Vehicles that have not been regularly serviced or breakdown as a result of inadequate repair, unsuccessful DIY or any claim where no remedial action has been taken to correct the fault since we last attended your vehicle. Garage attention must always be sought after experiencing a breakdown and proof of repair obtained. We reserve the right to request sight of the repair.
2. Vehicles being used (or that have been modified for use) in motor racing, rallies, speed or endurance tests; hire or reward (including courtesy vehicles), vehicles not used exclusively for Personal / non-Commercial use or over 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight; mechanically modified vehicles requiring specialist repairers.
3. Any liability or consequential loss arising from any act performed in the execution of the Breakdown services provided.
4. Vehicles not in a roadworthy condition or being driven with a known fault immediately prior to any breakdown.
5. Any claim resulting in a vehicle not being repaired, or that is disposed of or scrapped.
6. Vehicles immersed in mud, snow, sand or water or any fault occurring or being immobilised as a result of contact with mud, snow, sand or water.
7. Any vehicle with living accommodation.
8. A road traffic accident or damage caused by vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft or any incident covered by an Insurance policy irrespective of any excesses.
9. Any vehicle being used for business purposes.
10. Any claim within 24 hours of any alteration to your membership.
11. A second use of our services within 28 days of a breakdown if, in the opinion of ABC Rescue, the reported fault is related to a previous fault that we have attended.
12. Any claim that could be recoverable from any insurance policy indemnity or warranty.
13. Any fines or penalties imposed by courts.
14. Any charges incurred prior to notification of Breakdown and our approved repairer attending.
15. The cost of any parts, components, lubricants or materials, third party labour costs, food, drinks, telephone calls, petrol, oil or any other incidental expenses.
16. Any claim where ABC Rescue has not been notified at least 24 hours previously of a change of vehicle.
17. Any cost of any specialist recovery equipment or service charges needed (as defined by a recovery operator in attendance of your breakdown).
18. Breakdowns where your vehicle is not accessible or located on a private property or cannot be transported safely, legally and without hindrance using a standard transporter or trailer.
19. Any toll charges, ferry charges parking charges or traffic congestion charges.
20. Any costs recoverable elsewhere.
21. A second callout when a temporary repair was earlier carried out.
22. Any claim for assistance while money is owed to ABC Rescue by the policy holder.
23. Any claims for private hire vehicles, i.e. taxis unless authorised prior to any costs being incurred.
24. Breakdowns caused by your vehicle running out of fuel or where assistance cannot be affected because the vehicle does not have a serviceable and/or accessible spare tyre and wheel.
25. Claims arising from loss or damage to contents of or within your vehicle.
26. Claims directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the burning of nuclear fuel; or the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear part of it; war, invasion, terrorism, foreign enemy hostilities ( whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, military force or coup; or pressure waves caused by aircraft or any other airborne devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
We realise that as hard as we try we do not achieve perfection, if you have cause to complain about the level of service you have received please write to us at the address below and we will try to resolve your complaint:-
ABC Rescue, First Floor, 3 Castle Court St Peters Street Colchester, Essex CO1 1EW
If after receiving a response from the complaints department the matter still remains unresolved, then please write to: –
The Managing Director (Administrator) First Floor, 3 Castle Court, St Peters Street, Colchester, Essex. CO1 1EW
Please quote your policy number as a reference in all correspondence.
The data supplied by you will only be used by us and carefully selected associated companies for related products and services as well as the purposes of processing your membership, including underwriting, administration, and handling any claim which may arise. The data supplied will not be passed to any other parties other than those which we have mentioned herein. It is important that the data you have supplied is kept up to date. You should therefore notify us promptly of any changes. You are entitled upon the payment of an administration fee to inspect the personal data which we are holding about you. If you wish to make such an inspection, or if you do not wish to receive information on related products and services, you should contact The Administrator, ABC Rescue, 3 Castle Court, St Peters Street, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1EW. We may respond to enquiries by the police concerning your policy in the normal course of their investigations. Where it is necessary to administer your policy effectively, or to protect your interests, we may disclose the data you have supplied to other third parties such as motor garages, engineers, repairers, insurers etc. We may monitor and record telephone calls for service and staff training purposes.